Monday, July 27, 2015

Is It Worth Going To A Soccer Match In Europe?

When attending a sporting event do you expect to see this? If you don't and you plan on attending a soccer match in Europe, be prepared. Hooliganism can certainly alter your thought process when attending a sporting event in Europe. If it doesn't then you may need to get your head checked. Is it really worth risking being an innocent victim of hooliganism to attend a sporting event you can watch in the safe home? I don't think so and I am not sure how anybody else would. Environments like these are not my cup of tea.
It blows my mind that people continue to go to soccer matches in Europe with this being a common scene inside and outside the stadium. WHY!?! In some crazy way I am sure others would say that to retaliate against those fans who cheer on the other team. Now I understand that people have their beliefs and it is more than a game over in Europe but is it really something to risk getting beat up and/or going to jail for?
If you ask me these videos look very similar to those that you see when middle schoolers are fighting in the hallway here in America. You see those who are antagonizing and those who are retaliating. Difference is is that the middle schoolers are fighting over something like significant others or being made fun of. These hooligans are fighting over SOCCER GAMES IN WHICH THEY HAVE NO RESULT ON IN THE OUTCOME!!!! I didn't know that sports were so serious across the pond.
Why can't these people go to the game and support their team and let everyone else live their lives? Who do other peoples' lives have to be altered because of the way some bonehead acts at a sporting event? There are always going to be those fans that are loud and obnoxious but is it really worth fighting over? If others feel like it is then is it worth going through the hassle to attend the sporting event? Absolutely not. Let me just enjoy the game on my 65" television with the surround sound and multiple camera angles that make the game more enjoyable. I could pay nothing to watch a sporting event at home or I can pay hundereds in ticket prices, parking, and concessions and run the risk of getting into an altercation and being in the middle of an altercation that puts my safety in jeopardy.  It is a no brainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment